Phone: (09) 407 7144
We provide an Unfunded Supervised Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) Service for International Pre-Travel Departure.
- The RAT is required to be taken 24 hours prior to the international travel departure time.
- As the passenger, you are responsible for ensuring you comply with the timeframes.
- You must also check with both the airline and the country you are travelling to to ensure a RAT is an acceptable form of proof of COVID-19 status.
- This service is by appointment only.
- Please note this is a nasopharyngeal test and not a saliva test.
Supervised rapid antigen testing (RATs) is for unvaccinated people with no COVID-19 symptoms, who require evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result to travel within New Zealand, or for entry into a court of law.
- For travel, the test must be done within the 72 hours prior to travel (preferably within 24 hours). See the Unite against COVID-19 website for more travel advice.
- For court attendance, the test must be done within 24 hours.
For more information about rapid antigen testing, view the Ministry of Health website.
Rapid antigen tests (RATs) can be ordered and then collected at this site by:
- people with COVID-19 symptoms or who are a household contact
- critical workers who are household contacts
- border workers who are required to be tested under the Required Testing Order.