Phone: (03) 928 4265
Fax: (03) 573 7904
Medical Centre Pharmacy provides pre-departure testing for people who are travelling.
The supervised RAT test must be completed within 24hours of departure from the first embarkation point.
The COVID-19 Rapid Antigen testing booth, formerly located at the Interislander Ferry terminal is now closed.
Free, supervised Rapid Antigen Testing is available to unvaccinated travellers as follows:
Monday to Friday: 9:30am-5pm at Medical Centre Pharmacy, 114 High St, Picton.
Saturday: 10am-2pm at Picton Healthcare Pharmacy 6 High St, Picton.
Supervised rapid antigen testing (RATs) is for unvaccinated people with no COVID-19 symptoms, who require evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result to travel within New Zealand, or for entry into a court of law.
- For travel, the test must be done within the 72 hours prior to travel (preferably within 24 hours). See the Unite against COVID-19 website for more travel advice.
- For court attendance, the test must be done within 24 hours.
For more information about rapid antigen testing, view the Ministry of Health website.
Rapid antigen tests (RATs) can be ordered and then collected at this site by:
- people with COVID-19 symptoms or who are a household contact
- critical workers who are household contacts
- border workers who are required to be tested under the Required Testing Order.