Hapūtanga and birth during COVID-19
Support Group Aotearoa has created a social and emotional support group for māmā. They provide a safe space to ask questions, share and find support alongside other māmā.
Childbirth educator – Aotearoa NZ
This service provides pregnancy, birth and parenting education delivered in online and face-to-face wānanga to support whānau to make informed decisions in their parenting journey.
Whānau Āwhina Plunket
Whānau Āwhina Plunket hosts an online Q and A session with experienced health professionals Waikura Kamo and Keli Livingston, and Fiona Coffey from the New Zealand College of Midwives.
It covers a range of important topics, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- What midwifery services look like during COVID-19
- What Whānau Āwhina Plunket visits look like under the red light setting
- How parents or carers can prepare and look after themselves
- What you can do to keep young pēpi and pre-schoolers safe from COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccine and hapūtanga
If you're hapū or planning to be, studies have shown it is safe and better for you and your baby if you have the COVID-19 vaccine. Kids Health provides some useful information and videos about the COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy.