Hapūtanga and birth during COVID-19
Support Group Aotearoa has created a social and emotional support group for māmā. They provide a safe space to ask questions, share and find support alongside other māmā.
Childbirth educator – Aotearoa NZ
This service provides pregnancy, birth and parenting education delivered in online and face-to-face wānanga to support whānau to make informed decisions in their parenting journey.
Saarah’s message to hapū māmā
Saarah, a hapū māmā, shares her supportive message to māmā like her.
Whānau Āwhina Plunket
Whānau Āwhina Plunket hosts an online Q and A session with experienced health professionals Waikura Kamo and Keli Livingston, and Fiona Coffey from the New Zealand College of Midwives.
It covers a range of important topics, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- What midwifery services look like during COVID-19
- What Whānau Āwhina Plunket visits looked like under the red light setting from the previous traffic light system
- How parents or carers can prepare and look after themselves
- What you can do to keep young pēpi and pre-schoolers safe from COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccine and hapūtanga
If you're hapū or planning to be, studies have shown it is safe and better for you and your baby if you have the COVID-19 vaccine. Kids Health provides some useful information and videos about the COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy.
Straight Up with Dr. Lily Fraser
Dr Lily Fraser talks with whānau about why they chose to vaccinate.
Siouxsie shares her personal experience of making tough decisions during sensitive times.
Tū pakari, tū taha
Chloe Fergusson-Tibble shares why she trusts Māori doctors and the advice of hauora professionals.